Privacy, Security & Communication
- Tor Project – anonymity-enabling proxy network
- Freenet – anonymous P2P publishing/communication network
- I2P – anonymous P2P network
- OpenNIC – alternative DNS network
- Namecoin – decentralized DNS and more, on a blockchain
- Bitcoin etc. – payment alternative
Alternative telecommunications networks
Resources, further reading
- Dig Deeper – good exploration of digital privacy and security
Achieving user agency
- Have an offline life and community.
- Participate in the WiredNet (CONSTRUCTION IN PROGRESS).
- Create your own website and participate in web rings.
- Move away from oppressive web 3.0 social media platforms.
- Learn how the Signal protocol or similar protocols work; learn how to write or at least choose communication software.